We maintain all of the City’s buildings, a total of 500,000 square feet, including the 45,000-square-foot Municipal Center, and the Chico Municipal Airport (CMA) terminal.
Some of the administrative responsibilities for this division include project management for re-roofing, flooring replacement, energy efficiency, groundskeeping, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) projects, and other remodeling projects.
Routine maintenance provided by this section includes:
- Minor structural repairs and painting
- Electrical work
- Replacement of light ballasts and fixtures
- Fixing leaks and plumbing problems
- Repair, operate & maintain Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Overseeing custodial contract and other contractual services
- Performing specialized departmental projects and requests
- Providing logistical and access support to contractors and service vendors