Park Watch volunteers work for the benefit of Bidwell Park, the visitors, wildlfe, and trails. Park Watchers act as ambassadors of the park by providing visitors with information and advising park staff about damage, hazards, vandalism, and any concerns they encounter while in the park.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteer at least 4 hours a month.
- Attend 2 mandatory training classes and a 1 hour walk along with another member.
- Pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting.
How to apply for membership in Park Watch:
- Pick up an application from the Park Office, located at 411 Main Street or download a Volunteer Application.
Download Acrobat Reader Here to View PDF Documents.
- Or call the Park Office at 530-896-7800 or email Park Services Coordinator, Shane Romain to have an application mailed to you. When completed, applications should either be returned in person to the above address or mailed to: City of Chico Park Division, 411 Main Street Chico, CA 95927-3420.
The Park Watch Advisory Committee meets on the 3rd Thursday each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Chico Creek Nature Center at 1968 E. 8th Street. All Park Watch members are invited to attend.