For information contact us at
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Donate to Bidwell Park call
530-896-7800 for more information.
Bidwell Park and PlayGround Commission
- Jim Moravec, Chair
- Mary Brentwood, Vice-Chair
- Alberto Hernandez
- Marisa Corley
- Valerie Reddemann
- Janine Rood
- Drew Traulsen
Staff Contact: Shane Romain, Park Services Coordinator
(530) 896-7800 or
Miscellaneous forms and documents of the Park Division are now available on-line. Here are a few of the documents available, or click on the "Park Department Documents" link located on the left side of your screen for more documents and forms.
- Map of the One Mile Recreation Area (5.26 mb)
- Lower Bidwell Park Map
- Upper Bidwell Park Map
- Bidwell Park Master Management Plan (BPMMP) UPDATED 4/10/06 (Warning: contains large documents. Right-click and save individual documents)
- Bidwell Park Master Management Plan (BPMMP) Draft EIR.
- Yellow Starthistle Removal Campaign! Download a Starthistle flyer--spread the word not the weed!
- City Plaza's Master Plan
- Animation of the City Plaza Renovation
- Ceres Neighborhood Park
- Baroni Neighborhood Park
The Park Division's major functions include the maintenance of Bidwell Park (one of the largest municipally owned parks in the United States), as well as other City parks; maintenance of City street trees (approximately 37,000 trees) and management of the many maintenance districts within Chico. The City's Park Rangers, Urban Forest Manager, and Volunteer Coordinator all work within the Park Division.
The Park Division's Office is located at the downtown Municipal Building at 411 Main Street, 3rd Floor. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 - 5:00, closed 12:00 - 1:00.
For more information regarding City parks and street trees, click on the following or call (530) 896-7800 or email us at Park Info.
- BIDWELL PARK
- CAPER ACRES RENOVATION
- DONATIONS AND MEMORIALS
- PARK RESERVATIONS
- PARK RANGERS
- PARK WATCH
- SPECIAL USE PERMITS
- STREET TREES
- VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Other Recreational Links of Interest:
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation (Stony Gorge)
- California Fishing Regulations ( (20) Big Chico Creek)
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Chico Area Recreation and Park District
- Chico Creek Nature Center
- Chico Equestrian Association - P.O. Box 4554 Chico, CA 95927 - (530) 894-0446
- Chico Outsiders Disc Golf
- Chico Rod & Gun Club
- Kiwanis Chico Community Observatory
- National Park Service
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Forest Service